[THIN] Re: IPAD Citrix receiver config issue

  • From: Jeremy Saunders <Jeremy.Saunders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 15:36:29 +0000

Yes, the Citrix Receiver will only communicate with the Citrix ICA Proxy
(CSG/CAG/AGEE/AGEE/NetScaler). The iPhone has support for the Cisco SSL VPN
client, so I assume the iPAD can too using the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility
Client. However, I am always curious as to why organisations force staff to VPN
in before being allowed to access applications and Desktops delivered by XenApp
and/or XenDesktop. It's secure to present the apps via a CSG/CAG/AGEE/NetScaler
over SSL (HTTPS), and provides the users with one simple step.

The Citrix Receiver simply talks to a PNAgent (XenApp Services) Site as you are
already doing internally.

There is one thing to be wary of. If you are using two factor authentication
for remote access, such as RSA or Safeword, it's not supported via the free CSG
implementation. This is because CSG is simply a reverse proxy for Web
Interface, so you are actually authentication against Web Interface. You will
need to use a CAG/AGEE/NetScaler here. The users will authenticate against the
CAG/AGEE/NetScaler, and the credentials will automatically be passed to Web
Interface so that there is a single sign on process.

You should download the free NetScaler VPX appliance. You can also get a free
30 day trial cert, and test it all out. There are heaps of Citrix whitepapers
on how to do this.

The base NetScaler Standard license now allows you to implement an ICA Proxy at
no additional licensing costs, which makes it a no brainer.

Cheers,
Jeremy.

Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 04:10:39 -0700
From: sarav2k@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:sarav2k@xxxxxxxxx>
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
You need to create PNA site on your WI and make sure appliance is configured to
go to that site for mobile devices.

http://support.citrix.com/proddocs/index.jsp?topic=/receiver-ipad-1/receivers-ipad-1.html