[THIN] Re: IP config for large farm

  • From: "Callahan, Michael (CS)" <MichaelCallahan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 15:02:18 -0600

I use a startup script in GP that sets this using WMI:

On error resume next
strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
Set IPConfigSet = objWMIService.ExecQuery _
    ("Select IPAddress from Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration where
IPEnabled=TRUE")

For Each IPConfig in IPConfigSet
    If Not IsNull(IPConfig.IPAddress) Then
        For i=0 to UBound(IPConfig.IPAddress)

  sIP = IPConfig.IPAddress(i)

       Set colNetCards = objWMIService.ExecQuery _
       ("Select * From Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration Where IPEnabled =
True")
   For Each objNetCard in colNetCards

   arrDNSServers = Array("<yourDNS1>", "<yourDNS2>", sIP)
       objNetCard.SetDNSServerSearchOrder(arrDNSServers)

       Set objNetworkSettings =
objWMIService.Get("Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration")
       arrDNSSuffixes = Array("<domain1>", "<domain2>")
       objNetworkSettings.SetDNSSuffixSearchOrder(arrDNSSuffixes)

       strPrimaryServer = "<WINSIP1>"
       strSecondaryServer = "<WINSIP2>"
       objNetCard.SetWINSServer strPrimaryServer, strSecondaryServer

   Next
    Next
 End If
Next