[THIN] IP config for large farm

  • From: "Stratton, Doug MSER:EX" <Doug.M.Stratton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 12:05:14 -0800

Just wondering how you all are doing this.

In the past we have hardcoded the ip infor for nics (ip, dns,wins...) I am
not sure why.  May have been due to unreliable DHCP servers?

Anyways, we are in the process of building, what could end up being, a large
farm.

We want to avoid major work if DNS/WINs entries have to be changed.  So if
we hardcode it and have a 100 servers a bit of work has to be done to change
them all.

We thought about using GP to set dns and it looks like it might be doable
but I can't find wins gp's.  So it is kind of limited.

So how are you all doing this?

Thanks

Doug Stratton
CITS