[THIN] IP addy range as a Load evaluator rule

  • From: "Ron Oglesby" <roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 15:24:58 -0500

Any one else have any FUN with this.

Here she is:
Create two evaluators, Internal and External.

If I make a rule and use the "Deny access from IP range" blah blah, it
will deny, Of course its idea of Denying is to report an I/O error when
the user runs the app,

But if I make a rule that says Allow, Like 10.1.1.1 to 10.254.254.254...
You would figure this would only allow addresses in that range. But it
allows any address.

Weird huh?

Anyone else have fun with this? Or find a good way to work with this
rule for keeping apps to certain subnets.

Ron