[THIN] IP Range Load Evaluator not working

  • From: Angela <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 22:07:41 +1100

Hi

I'm trying to
implement a Load evaluator using IP range in XenApp 6.5.  Effectively I'm
trying to block a certain application from being accessible when users work
from home.  Application can only be accessed when in the office.  I
created a Load Evaluator using the following:

CPU Utilization (left
at default setting)

IP Range (Set to
Allow and added the internal network range)

I associated the
Application to the new Evaluator.  Our Citrix Web Interface is hosted in
another country and is not in the IP Allow range

Issue 1

Application wouldn't
launch even when used internally.  I had to add the Citrix Web Interface
IP to the allow range to fix this issue..

Issue 2

Application works
internally but it also works externally so the rule isn't working..

I've had this working
fine in our older XenApp 4.5 environment.  Only difference is that the
Citrix Web Interface was on the same network in old environment.  Am I
missing something?  Is it possible that the client IP is not being sent
correctly or is being masked at the Proxy or Citrix Web Interface?

Thanks

Ang