[THIN] Re: IMA no started after install Rollup Pack R03

  • From: "Jim Cannon" <Mach1-70@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 19:26:13 -0500

I know it has been said that you do not need to uninstall any fixes except
ones specifically stated however the servers I am upgrading have the "bad"
R02 install on them (Citrix released R02 twice and I have been using the
first release).With that said and also for a "clean" look I have been doing
mine as follows:

*       Uninstall all Citrix hotfixes / rollups including R02 and R01 in
reverse order of installation ( I do this via batch file)..
*       Reboot
*       Update Server drivers and avoid Emulex driver that is installed as
part of Compaq Array Controller Drivers (I can explain further if needed but
the Emulex driver is incompatible with SP2)
*       Reboot
*       Install Windows 2003 SP2
*       Reboot
*       Install R03 by itself
*       Reboot

I have had zero issues by following the above and have corrected some issues
I was experiencing due to the "bad" R02 version...

  _____

Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 11:56:42 -0400
From: pascal.bijnaar@xxxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx