[THIN] Re: IMA fails to start after Datastore SQL Password changed

  • From: Andy Friar <Andy.Friar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 13:11:25 +0000

Default database for the new SQL account?
Database Entry missing in MF20?

From: Webster <webster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:webster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Wednesday, 27 February 2013 12:33
To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
<thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: [THIN] Re: IMA fails to start after Datastore SQL Password changed

Send us the contents of your mf20.dsn file.

Thanks

Webster

From: webster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:webster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 12:39:12 +0000
Jeffrey,

According to edocs:

Stop the Citrix Independent Management Architecture service before using config
with the /pwd option.

So you should have the net stop "Citrix Independent Management Architecture" /y
before your dsmaint config command.

Thanks

Webster

From:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
[mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gardiner, Jeffrey

Angela,

Your command line looks correct.  I have a batch file for doing the same thing
and yours looks similar:
dsmaint config /user:SQLUSER /pwd:SQLPWD
/dsn:"%programfiles%\Citrix\Independent Management Architecture\MF20.dsn"
pause
net stop "Citrix Independent Management Architecture" /y
pause
dsmaint recreatelhc
pause
net start "Citrix Independent Management Architecture"
net start "Citrix WMI Service"
Are you getting any authentication messages on the SQL server?

Also, there are numerous other reasons why the IMA won't start and may not have
anything to do with the SQL password change.  Maybe the timing is just a
coincidence and something else is really causing the trouble.  For instance, a
few months IMA wouldn't start on one out of 500+ servers because a helpful user
added a local route command that prevented it from accessing the ZDC on TCP
2512.  It could get to the data store, just not the server currently acting as
ZDC.  The point is, look at the bigger picture if you can't find anything
obviously wrong with the SQL password piece.

Jeff

________________________________
From:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
[mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Angela Smith
Hi

We run a Windows 2008 R2 XenApp 6.5 farm.  We use SQL Authentication for Data
store authentication.  We recently changed the SQL Password.  Unfortunately our
farm is now broken.  The IMA Service wont start and Citrix MFCOM hangs on
startup.

I tried to run dsmaint command with new SQL password but it has not helped.  I
ran the following:

dsmaint config /user:SQLUSER /pwd:PASSWORD /dsn:"C:\Program Files
(x86)\Citrix\Independent Management Architecture\mf20.dsn"

Is this the correct syntax for SQL Authentication?  I did not make any changes
to the DSN as the contents are correct, only the SQL password has changed..
What else could be the problem?