[THIN] Re: IMA fails to start after Datastore SQL Password changed

  • From: "Gardiner, Jeffrey" <jeffrey.gardiner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 07:12:13 -0500

Angela,

Your command line looks correct.  I have a batch file for doing the same thing
and yours looks similar:
dsmaint config /user:SQLUSER /pwd:SQLPWD
/dsn:"%programfiles%\Citrix\Independent Management Architecture\MF20.dsn"
pause
net stop "Citrix Independent Management Architecture" /y
pause
dsmaint recreatelhc
pause
net start "Citrix Independent Management Architecture"
net start "Citrix WMI Service"
Are you getting any authentication messages on the SQL server?

Also, there are numerous other reasons why the IMA won't start and may not have
anything to do with the SQL password change.  Maybe the timing is just a
coincidence and something else is really causing the trouble.  For instance, a
few months IMA wouldn't start on one out of 500+ servers because a helpful user
added a local route command that prevented it from accessing the ZDC on TCP
2512.  It could get to the data store, just not the server currently acting as
ZDC.  The point is, look at the bigger picture if you can't find anything
obviously wrong with the SQL password piece.

Jeff