[THIN] Re: IMA Service taking long time to start from one site

  • From: Venkatesh Subramaniam <venkat@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 13:34:25 +0800

Hi,
Thanks for your post.

If I stop the sync by changing the value in the registry then my LHC will
be out of synce right ? How will the sync happen next time?

--
Venkat
+65 9855 1209

Thin Man <thin.master@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
07/14/2005 10:01 PM
Please respond to
thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[THIN] Re: IMA Service taking long time to start from one site

Sounds like the Local Host Cache sync is causing the slow start.  You
can try modifying this registry key to tell the server not to sync to
the datastore.

HKLM\Software\Citrix\IMA\Runtime

Set PSRequired (DWORD) to 0

Cheers
tm

On 7/14/05, Venkatesh Subramaniam <venkat@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
>  I have citrix servers at two different sites(Singapore & Germany).
Latency
> is about 380 ms between sites.  My datastore is in singapore. all are in

> direct connection.
>  When I reboot my servers in Germany Citrix ( IMA Service) takes long
time
> to start (roughly 1 - 2 hours).
>
>  All Servers are W2K.
>  Some may have hinted that printer drivers are replicating when I start
the
> IMA Service in Germany . How do I stop this ?
>

>  --
>  Venkat
>  +65 9855 1209

This Weeks Sponsor: Lakeside Software
SysTrack is the easiest to use, most complete way to monitor system and
application performance. SysTrack combines comprehensive monitoring
capabilities with hardware/software inventory, change management, user/web
auditing, and reporting to create a total management solution.
Evaluation at: http://www.LakesideSoftware.com