[THIN] Re: IMA Service stuck "stopping"

  • From: "Mack, Rick" <RMack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 19:39:09 +1000

Hi,

The IMA service isn't generally stuck because of IMA datastore connectivity
issues. What's far more common is "down"ed winstations where users have
disconnected because of an unresponsive application or just laziness. If
this occurs, the terminservice is often also in trouble.

You can improve things markedly by reducing any user session popups (windows
error mode, printer server properties > errors only, disable drwatson) and
looking at some sort of CPU control program (appsense, armtech, tmulimit
etc). Depending on the service pack level in win2k, there are also hotfixes
that specifically address stuck downed winstations (eg Q292548 from
Microsoft).

Regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack