[THIN] IMA Service Mertic Service

  • From: Charlie Fraser <fraserc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 11:45:34 -0500

I am having a problem that just creeped up recently that intermittently
my IMA service goes unstable and when I try to shadow and enumerate
users the process will hang on a specific server. I have tried
refreshing and recreating the LHC which does not seem to help at all.
Only rebooting the server seems to solve the problem.This seems to be
happening to different servers at random. I also get the following
errors in the event log:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Cdm
Event Category: None
Event ID: 39
Date: 11/4/2002
Time: 8:59:32 AM
User: N/A
Computer: CITRIX6
The description for Event ID ( 39 ) in Source ( Cdm ) cannot be found.
The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The
following information is part of the event: \Device\CdmRedirector, 4.
Data:
0000: 00 00 00 00 02 00 4a 00 ......J.
0008: 00 00 00 00 27 00 0c c0 ....'..À
0010: 00 00 00 00 d6 00 00 c0 ....Ö..À
0018: e8 fd 09 88 00 00 00 00 èý.?....
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

And:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Citrix Resource Management
Event Category: None
Event ID: 257
Date: 11/4/2002
Time: 10:43:57 AM
User: N/A
Computer: CITRIX6
Citrix Resource Manager has been unable to retrieve metrics for this
server for the last two minutes. It will keep trying, and will write an
event to the Event Log if it succeeds.

I just applied over the weekend XE102W028, XE102W029, and XE102W038 to
no avail. We are running XP FR2. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Charlie Fraser
Montclair State University