[THIN] Re: IMA Service Fails at Startup

  • From: "Jim Kenzig Kenzig.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 09:10:40 -0700 (PDT)

Don't put W2K3 SP1 on the box when you do!
JK

Toby <> wrote:
Thanks very much for your help. Yep, tried that one as well. I am
afraid I have bitten the bullet on this one. I am starting over.... I
will let you know if I receive the error again though,

Thanks again guys

On 6/13/05, Piet Bonte
wrote:
> Toby,
> I found this in the citrix knowkledge base:
> http://support.citrix.com/kb/entry.jspa?externalID=CTX101667
>
> This was not windows 2003 but can be useful
>
> Piet
>

> Toby wrote:
> Hi Piet,

Yes I have checked that and can confirm that they both
> exist.

Thanks

On 6/13/05, Piet Bonte
wrote:

> Hi Toby,
That's what I found.
Good luck

If you get an "IMA Service Failed"
> message when restarting a server with
error code 2147483649, verify that
> both the TMP and TEMP environment
variables point to %SystemRoot% temp.The
> local system account on the
Metaframe XP server requires a temp directory in
> order to start the IMA
service.

Piet
Toby wrote:
Hi List,

> I can find no information on the particular issue I am

> experiencing;

> Citrix Datastore - W2k3, Citrix PS4.0, MSDE

Following a

> number of cosmetic configuration changes to the

> Presentation Server Console,

> and following a reboot, the IMA service

> failed to start, with the following

> error being displayed;