[THIN] Re: IIS/Web Interface question

  • From: "Adam Granatela" <agranatella@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:30:03 -0500

I wouldn't mind installing WI on Server 1, but since it's a DC (domain
controller, not data collector, sorry), it doesn't work.  I get strange
errors trying to install it.  I've checked the Citrix forums and found that
it appears WI doesn't work/isn't supported installing on a domain
controller.

I think I'm going to have to investigate using a different port number.  Now
that I think about it, I could just put a redirect at www.site.com/citrix to
point to www.site.com:81/citrix/metaframe or whatever the URL happens to be
(and another for SSL).  Other than the non-standard port, can you think of
anything that would prevent that from working correctly, with only 1 public
IP?

On 3/12/07, Carl Stalhood <cstalhood@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Why not install WI on Server 1? Otherwise, if you want the same port
number (80/443) to hit two different internal servers you will need two
different public IPs.

Or install Microsoft ISA with its server publishing capability?