[THIN] Re: IE6 Flickering

  • From: "Ron Oglesby" <roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 12:25:46 -0600

Save the below text as a VBS and run it from a desktop session where you
can see the IE flicker. Log off and back onto the session and see if it
is any better.  See another script below this for Querying the value.

ENABLE SCRIPT:

Dim WshShell,intRegData, strRegValue
Set WshShell =3D WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

strRegValue =3D "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Force
Offscreen Composition"

On Error Resume Next
intRegData =3D CInt(1)
WshShell.RegWrite strRegValue, intRegData, "REG_DWORD"
If Err.Number <> 0 Then
        If Err.Number =3D -2147024894 Then
                Wscript.Echo "The registry value '" & strRegValue & "'
does not exist."
        Else
                WScript.Echo "The following error occurred: " & vbCrLf &
Err.Number & vbCrLf & Err.Description
        End If
Else
        WScript.Echo "Force Offscreen Composition is enabled. The
current value is: " & intRegData
End If=20

QUERY SCRIPT:

Dim WshShell,intRegData, strRegValue
Set WshShell =3D WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

strRegValue =3D "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Force
Offscreen Composition"

On Error Resume Next
intRegData =3D WshShell.RegRead(strRegValue)
If Err.Number <> 0 Then
        If Err.Number =3D -2147024894 Then
                Wscript.Echo "The registry value '" & strRegValue & "'
does not exist."
        Else
                WScript.Echo "The following error occurred: " & vbCrLf &
Err.Number & vbCrLf & Err.Description
        End If
Else
        If intRegData =3D 0 Then
                WScript.Echo "Force Offscreen Composition is disabled.
The current value is: " & intRegData
        Else
                WScript.Echo "Force Offscreen Composition is enabled.
The current value is: " & intRegData
        End If
End If=20

Ron Oglesby