[THIN] IE lockdown

  • From: "BRUTON, Malcolm, FM" <Malcolm.BRUTON@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 14:22:40 -0000

Guys

Have a bunch of office servers which we wish to give access to external
users using Juniper.  Essentially we just publish applications and users can
connect to a defined set of published apps via Juniper bookmarks.  They can
then run there apps just like in the office.  However we need to restrict
what they can do with IE.  For instance.  We don't mind them surfing the
internet but we need to be able to restrict the ability to run any internal
web based applications.  We want to be able to control what content with IE
they can get to when they are external.  However we would also like internal
and external users to share the same servers.  Suggestion on how we do this?
My guess is we could do some complex login scripting to detect what their IP
address is or something like that.  The user ID is the same both internal
and external and AD groups will be the same.  Any easy suggestions rather
than silo the boxes?

Malcolm

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland No 90312.
Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB.

systems or data.  No responsibility is accepted by The Royal
Bank of Scotland plc in this regard and the recipient should carry

                               Visit our websites at:

http://www.rbs.co.uk/CBFM

http://www.rbsmarkets.com