[THIN] Re: IE cookie bloat

  • From: jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 18:51:33 -0700

Yeah, you don't want to leave cookies local, as depending on what users
are doing, it may not provide a consistent user experience. Same issue
arrises if you go through and delete them on a regular basis.

If you don't have the ability to use a good profile management solution,
just redirect them to the users home drive.

You can always run scripts against the users home drive (or profile) to
report on the size of the cookies folder, but in my opinion I wouldn't be
cleaning them up without notifying the individual users.

Cheers,
Jeremy.

//www.freelists.org/list/thin
Follow ThinList on Twitter