[THIN] Re: IE cookie bloat

  • From: Kevin Stewart <kevin.g.stewart@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 17:45:23 -0500

Couldn't you just specify in group policy to NOT sync the cookies,
among other things?

You don't want to just delete people's cookies all willy nilly. These
cookies control preferences, usability factors, etc.

So by specifying to not sync the cookies, they won't go to group
policy, but will stay in the locally available profile. As long as the
user is on their corporate desktop nothing will change. Once they move
to another PC they'll be minus cookies, which is okay because the user
expects this other PC to not be exactly the same.

My 2 cents.
Kevin

--
Kevin G. Stewart