[THIN] Re: IE cookie bloat

  • From: Dan Dill <DanD@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 11:28:19 -0800

I wrote a VBscript a bit back that uses environment variables to hit the
cookies path to clean it which might be friendlier in certain circumstances,
however is a bit more complex than using the FOR command.  It's here if you're
interested:

http://danstechnotes.blogspot.com/2008/04/delete-cookies-script.html

I run it at log off.

The catch with profile bloat is that if you're hand-rolling it you have to also
be aware of flash cookies, java cruft, the recent items folder, and various
other pieces...

Dan Dill