[THIN] Re: IE cookie bloat

  • From: "Eilers, Lee (CDC/OCOO/ITSO)" <lee4@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 18:58:33 +0000

We just got off the roaming profile regime and went with AppSense in the last
year.  We had over 15k profiles.  At some point, all those cookies, temp files,
Java cache, AppV cache, CryptURL Cache and items that users will save into the
desktop folder will cause profiles to bloat majorly.

15k profiles came to more than 11 million files and 300GB in total.  We had
management scripts that would groom the profile folders to purge cookies older
than 30 days, delete temp files and various cache folders as well as generate a
list of profiles over 100MB in size to stay on top of it.  It lasted longer
than it should have before we went with an enterprise class profile solution.

-Lee