[THIN] Re: IE 7 opens then closes

  • From: "Timothy R. Mangan" <tmangan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 13:05:37 -0500

One thing I noticed on IE7 is that there is a segregation of "trusted" and
"untrusted" sites into different processes.  You can see this in a desktop
deployment.  If you work with IE for a while visiting many sites with the
multiple tabs, you will have 2 copies of IE running - with trusted sites in
one and untrusted in the other.  This might be related to what you are
seeing.  There are also many cases where a user request can get "lost"
somewhere between the two.  A great example is anything using passport.  You
trust a site, click on a link that wants you verified and somewhere between
the bouncing over and back (if you don't have ALL the passport sites as
trusted) you'll loose it and end up with nothing.