[THIN] Re: IE 11 configuration query

  • From: Rich Tervo <rtervo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 06:52:57 -0400

I think you will need a Windows 8 or MS Server 2012 to even see all the GPO
options for IE 9 and above? (There is a hack out there to see them but is
not supported)

http://www.grouppolicy.biz/2011/03/how-to-enable-group-policy-preferences-support-for-ie9/

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 8:23 PM, Pat Coughlin <strangedog@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I reccomend a testing OU with a separate group policy so you get a better
feel for how it behaves in the real world. Also, I have had some of my
worst troubleshooting nightmares trying to track down settings hiding in a
local policy " for testing". My 2 cents...

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015, 7:54 PM Angela <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi

Ive installed IE 11 in my XenApp 6.5 environment (running on Windows 2008
R2). I will create a new AD GPO to manage the Proxy settings but I'm
looking to use the local GPO for testing purposes. I understand IE11 proxy
settings are now managed in Preferences within GPO. However I don't have a
preferences option at all when I open Local Group Policy.

How can I set a Proxy server?

Thanks
Ang