[THIN] Re: IE

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 18:00:05 +0100

Did you actually read anything I wrote?

I *do* use HTAs, I've developed numerous!

The point I was attempting to stress, again, and again, and again -
which doesn't seem to be sinking in, is that they are just that -
applications.

It is unquestionably daft, stupid, irresponsible to advocate that others
should run normal HTML as a HTA, *just* for the sake of window chrome,
or to disable (by accident) certain keystrokes.

If you don't currently understand why, then I suggest you do what I
recommended previously, and find out what the HTA model truly does,
rather than recklessly advocating their use for normal HTML as you have
here.

I'm berating you, *not* for using HTAs, *nor* for suggesting that other
people use HTAs, *per se*. I *am* berating you for your ridiculous,
reckless and entirely irresponsible suggestion that people should run
normal HTML as a HTA  *just* to avoid window chrome, or *just* to
disable CTRL-N.

<fx: sound of my head hitting the desk> bam, bam, bam... </fx: sound of
my head hitting the desk>

Please tell me some of this is sinking in, somehow, somewhere? Are you
just trying to not understand this, or something?

Go and read about what the HTA model does, ruminate on that, then come
back and *try* and tell me you think it's *anywhere* near good advice to
suggest that people run HTML as HTA, for the reasons you have. Do you
actually think of the possible consequences of this, or did that all
slip you by?

<sigh> I'm kinda wondering how many more times I'll need to explain this
before this sinks in...

Neil

e-mail from your system.
to any person or organisation.