[THIN] Re: ICA session bandwidth calculations

  • From: "Andrew Wood" <andrew.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 17:17:59 +0100

how do you mean - feedback on that explanation?

  _____

From: andrew.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 16:32:36 +0100

Well a byte is 8 bits. A kilobyte is a thousand bytes while a kilobit is a
1000 bits.  A megabyte is a thousand kilobytes

Megabit per second - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megabit_per_second
Kilobit per second - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilobit_per_second

when you transfer 100MB over a 1.5Mbit/s line you are transferring 100 x
1000 x 1000 x 8 bits over a network that can average a transfer of 1.5 x
1000 x 1000 bits every second

I think...

  _____