[THIN] ICA on Wireless

  • From: "Greg Reese" <GReese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 12:30:12 -0400

I have seen fairly poor results with ICA connections on wireless clients trying
to roam across multiple access points.  It makes sense.  Handing off a
connection from one AP to another causes a momentary break.

I have seen some ads for wireless extension stuff that looks like it just acts
as a signal amplifier or repeater for an existing access point.

Has anyone tries using these with wireless ICA clients?

It seems like this would be away around the roaming problem since the
connection is never handed off to another AP, just bounced back to the original
AP.

Just curious what everyone's experience is with this before I start messing
with it myself.

Greg
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=147