[THIN] Re: ICA file that includes authentication

  • From: scott.delagrange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 07:50:58 -0500

Thank you very much, that was it.

Clearpassword works like a champ.  You guys saved me again!

Thank you,

Scott DeLagrange
mailto:Scott.DeLagrange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
678-415-3299 ph
678-415-2609 fx

|---------+------------------------------------->
|         |           Angus Macdonald           |
|         |           <Angus.Macdonald@xxxxxxxxx|
|         |           les.nhs.uk>               |
|         |           Sent by:                  |
|         |           thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx |
|         |                                     |
|         |                                     |
|         |           11/08/2002 05:58 AM       |
|         |           Please respond to thin    |
|         |                                     |
|---------+------------------------------------->

  |       To:       thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                 |
  |       cc:
                                 |
  |       Subject:  [THIN] Re: ICA file that includes authentication

There I go, believing everything I'm told again ;-)

Quote from CTX710323 on www.citrix.com
Password=

Specifies the password for the user account. This is an optional field. The
password, if used, must be encrypted. To enter an encrypted password into
the ICA file, use the Citrix ICA Client Remote Application Manager New
Entry
Wizard to create a remote application entry. When you are prompted for the
username and password, enter the password that you want to use in the ICA
file. Finish the New Entry wizard. Open the file APPSRV.INI in the Windows
directory and locate the entry you just created. Copy the password value
and
paste it into your ICA file.

ClearPassword=

Specifies the clear text (unencrypted) password for the user account. This
is an optional field. To use a clear text password, the Password field must
be set to a null value (for example: Password=).