[THIN] Re: ICA client failure

  • From: Dennis Parker <denniswparker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 07:17:00 -0700 (PDT)

I have seen instances of things like that in the past where the temporary
Internet files "filled up". Cleaning the temporary Internet files cleared the
issue.
I have also seen similar symptom when the secure ICA file could not be written
due to Internet Explorer settings. The "Do not save encrypted files to this
computer" setting should not be set. However, if I recall correctly, there was
an error message returned for this case. Check all of the settings in IE and
maybe try Firefox to see if the results are the same.
Another thought that I use for cases like this is to use Process Monitor (get
it from Microsoft - formerly SysInternals) and watch what is going as the
failure occurs. This can often lead to interesting discoveries of problems that
you wouldn't expect to be causing the issue.
Hope this helps,
Dennis