[THIN] ICA Launch files

  • From: Stewart Werley <Stewart_Werley@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin.net " <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 08:28:44 -0500

We're launching apps the following way.  We run a batch file that unmaps
and then maps local client drives for shares to the network, then an ICA
file is launched which runs a published application.  The published
application is actually a batch file that maps local drives for the citrix
session (so they match the drives mapped on the client) and then the
actual application is run from a command line with parameters.  When the
user hits the citrix server, they are asked for their username and domain
login, and during the login process they get a pop up legal agreement that
they see when they normally log in to the domain.

So, my problem is that I'd like them to be able to launch this way and get
the benefit of passthrough authentication, but it does not seem to work.
I've tried adding to the appsrv.ini and to the actual ICA file, but
neither seems to be working.

We're running Win2K server with Citrix XP, FR3.    Any thoughts?

Also, while I'm asking, it seems that I can turn on SpeedScreen through
the ICA file settings but when I Shift-F2 and look at the description of
the running app it doesn't have (Speed Screen On) in the description.  Any
thoughts on that as well?

This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or
communication of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.