[THIN] ICA Client cache setting - optimisation

  • From: "Rosemary Sarkis" <rosemary_sarkis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 08:14:00 +1000

Hi

Im about to deploy the latest ICA PN client in a WAN environment to Windows
2000 desktops and was wondering if it would be better to disable the disk
cache.  We will have users connecting to a Published desktop across links as
slow as 32K (1-2 user sites).  We already have some users connecting via a
DOS client and they are having issues with performance (may be cache
related).

A default install of the ICA client sets the cache to 10Mb with a 8Kb min
for bitmap caching - should this be changed?  What is ideal for slow link
environments?  Should the same setting be used in LAN environments or is the
default OK in this case?

Is there an easy way of automatically clearing the cache (without user
interaction) - Ive read some articles that state it should be cleared to
increase login performance.  Is it as simple as creating a script that
deletes the files in that directory?

Thanks
Rose