[THIN] Re: ICA Client Encryption

  • From: "Steve Greenberg" <steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 07:05:22 -0700

Yes, Briforum rocked!!

If all external connections are AG then the outside is "protected", the
question is how important is it to encrypt traffic on the inside. Keep in
mind that ICA is not your biggest internal exposure, the html and xml stuff
between WI, AG and the XML service is actually more vulnerable. To secure
this stuff you need certs between these boxes. As far as 128 ICA encryption
I would always turn it on, the few % of CPU it might take is worth knowing
that the ICA traffic is secure as it travels around, also consider
encrypting authentication in any scenario .

Steve Greenberg

Thin Client Computing

34522 N. Scottsdale Rd D8453

Scottsdale, AZ 85266