[THIN] ICA Browser Service does not start correctly on Boot (MF 1.8 W2K)

  • From: Simpson Oliver <Oliver.Simpson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 10:33:26 -0000

Hello all,

I have a problem with my newly built Metaframe 1.8 Windows 2000 Server.

My Server is built with Windows 2000 Server to Service Pack 3 + Metaframe
1.8 for 2000 (I have the same problem with or without Metaframe 1.8 SP3)

On startup the ICA Browser service seems to have started correctly (as seen
in the Services console). However, when I go into PAM i get the following
message:

"Failed to query the local server's capabilities because the ICA Browser is
not responding. Published Application Manager cannot continue without this
information and will now exit."

Running qserver from the command prompt shows no information about the
Server.

Restarting the ICA Browser Service resolves the problem.

I have read one or two messages in the archives relating to similar issues
which seemed to be related to the computer browser service. I have disabled
the computer browser service on my Server and I still get the problem at
boot up.

Does anyone have any ideas, leads, etc... I would rather not have to set up
an automated stop/start service if possible.

Many thanks in advance,

Oliver Simpson.