[THIN] ICA Bandwith Question

  • From: chris.de.jongh@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 06:53:05 +0000

All,

I?m having a question regarding the network bandwidth ICA is using. In all docs
I?ve read, Citrix claims that an ICA session uses approximately 20 K.

Now I?m having the following question.

How many K will I use with following scenarios?

Scenario 1:
The desktop is published and a user is starting 3 Media players with a movie
# Session : 1
Bandwidth : 1 x 20K => 20K

Scenario 2:
The Media player is published and started 3 times by the user, playing the same
movie as in scenario 1.
# Sessions : 3
Bandwidth : 3 x 20K => 60K? or is this only one ICA Session that is using the
same 20K ??

I need this info to work out a design regarding network bandwidth requirements.

I?m looking forward to read any feedback.

Kind regards,

Chris

http://www.tarantella.com/ttba