[THIN] ICA Bandwidth Spikes

  • From: greg.pawlett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 10:52:32 -0500

   Environment:  Win2k SP3, MF XP SP2 FR2, NFuse 1.7

   We have been measuring bandwidth of the ICA protocol and
 there seems to be some fairly high bandwidth spikes (up to 300KB).
 This only happens for 1 to 3 seconds during a 10-minute test,
 there are three clients connected to the server and we are
 measuring the total ICA traffic with Perfmon. Are there ideas
 as to what could be causing these spikes or is this normal behavior
 for Citrix.

Greg Pawlett
GIS Implementation Project Leader
Information Infrastructure Branch