[THIN] Re: I don't know of a command that can disable logins from a remote computer.

  • From: JClewitt@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 16:49:47 +0100

Valid point,

-----Original Message-----
From: Landin, Mark [mailto:Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 28 April 2004 15:48
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: I don't know of a command that can disable logins
from a remote computer.

> I need to be able to disable logins to one of the Citrix=20
> terminal servers, automatically at certain times and dates.=20
> However, I have disabled scheduled tasks, as I see it as a=20
> risk and I don't know of a command that can disable logins=20
> from a remote computer.

Interesting. What do you see as the risk? I would think allowing
sensitive operations like "deny logins" from a remote computer as risky
too. :)
This week's sponsor - Emergent Online
From centralized application management, business continuity, outsourcing, to
http://www.go-eol.com/index.asp

This email, its content and any files transmitted with it are intended solely
for the addressee(s) and may be legally privileged and/or confidential. Access
by any other third party is unauthorised without the express written permission
of the sender. If you have received this email in error you may not copy or use
the contents, attachments or information in any way. Please destroy it and
contact the sender on the telephone number printed above or by return email.
Internet communications are not secure unless protected using strong
cryptography. This email has been prepared using information believed by the
author to be reliable and accurate, but KRONE (UK) Technique Limited makes no
warranty as to accuracy or completeness. In particular, KRONE (UK) Technique
Limited does not accept responsibility for changes made to this email after it
was sent. Any opinions expressed in this document are those of the author and
do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Company.
They may be subject to change without notice.
This week's sponsor - Emergent Online
From centralized application management, business continuity, outsourcing, to
http://www.go-eol.com/index.asp