[THIN] Re: I Need to create a batch file

  • From: Robert Williams <RWilliams@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 12:31:18 -0800

Thanks will try this

Thank You,
Robert Williams
Senior Network Administrator
Raypak, Inc.
rwilliams@xxxxxxxxxx
Phone - 805-278-5352

-----Original Message-----
From: Anders Hansen-=D8vre [mailto:Anders.Hansen-Ovre@xxxxxxxxx]=20
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 12:28 PM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: I Need to create a batch file

There are many ways to do this but here is a few options:

1. Include this in the logon script for the users.
Since I don't know what kind of loginscript you here is syntax for =
batch

If not exist "U:\Users\%USERNAME%\Expense Reports" MD =3D
"U:\Users\%USERNAME%\Expense Reports" If not exist
"U:\Users\%USERNAME%\Expense Reports\Expense Report =3D Form.exe" XCOPY
x:\source\source-file.exe "U:\Users\%USERNAME%\Expense =3D Reports" /y

!LINES WILL WRAP!

2. Make a batch file to check all the user dirs

Make a batch file in u:\users called yyha.bat :)

For /d %%d in (*) do If not exist "%%d\Expense Reports" MD "%%d\Expense =
=3D
Reports" For /d %%d in (*) do If not exist "%%d\Expense Reports\Expense
Report =3D Form.exe" XCOPY x:\source\source-file.exe "%%d\Expense =
Reports" /y

!LINES WILL WRAP ONCE MORE!

Execute: Start - Run - CMD | U: | CD \Users | yyha.bat

Hope this helps.

Have a nice day.

---
mvh/yours
Anders Hansen-=3DD8vre, Seniorkonsulent
Mail    : anders.hansen-ovre@xxxxxxxxx
Cell    : (+47) 90 98 17 78

Konsulenthuset Contra as
http://www.contra.no
=3D20

Directory (=20
>W:\ ), my sitution is that I would like to=3D20  create a subfolder in =

>each w: drive for this app but I=3D20  cannnot remember how to create =
a=20
>batch file to autocreate a=3D20  subfolder under each %username%=20
>folder... =3D20
> I found a batch file to copy file to the root of each w:\=3D20
> drive but not a subfolder.... Any of you batch file gurus out=3D20
> there can help?
>=3D20
> Here is what I need:
>=3D20
> My folder structure is u:\users\%username%\
> I want to create a folder called "Expense Reports"
> I want to copy a file called "Expense Report Form.exe" to=3D20
> each "Expense Report" folder.
>=3D20
>=3D20
>=3D20
> Thank You,
> Robert Williams
> Senior Network Administrator
> Raypak, Inc.
> rwilliams@xxxxxxxxxx
> Phone - 805-278-5352
>=3D20
> This Week's Sponsor - RTO Software / TScale
> TScale increases terminal server capacity.=3D20
> Get 30-40% more users per server to save $$$ and time.=3D20
> Add users now! - not more servers. If you're using Citrix,=3D20
> you must learn about TScale!  Free 30-day eval:=3D20
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=3D3D79
set Digest or Vacation mode use the below link: =3D

http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=3D79