[THIN] Re: Hyper-Threading (again!)

  • From: "Turman, David C." <david_turman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 10:23:25 -0600

From: Steve Rance [mailto:Steve.Rance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 11:26 AM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Hyper-Threading (again!)

From: Turman, David C. [mailto:david_turman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 18 June 2003 17:14
To: 'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'

        hit Enter Processor Hyper-Threading
        Choose Disable
        Hit Esc, Esc F10 to save

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Rance [mailto:Steve.Rance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 11:09 AM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have just purchased a new HP Proliant ML370 2x1.4Ghz Xeon running =3D
W2KSP2 for my second Citrix server, and this is showing four processors =
=3D in task manager.

My other Citrix server (a Compaq Proliant ML570 2x1.0Ghz Xeon also =3D
running W2KSP2) is (only) showing two processors in task manager.

The server is not live yet...my question is, is having this =3D
hyper-threading on for a Citrix server a good thing or a bad thing?  If =
=3D it is recommended to switch it off how do I do that?

(Server will have about 15-20 users on it at any one time running word, =
=3D excel, outlook and a few custom apps..and...all users will be running an
= =3D access front-end/sql back-end application) on it).

Thanks,

Steve