[THIN] Re: Hybrid Profile Solutions

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://ThinHelp.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 11:55:05 -0700 (PDT)

You of course should be using the Microsoft User Profile Hive Cleaner Utility
to start.
  Other vendors also have profile products.  Provision has MetaProfile-It
  http://www2.provisionnetworks.com/product.aspx?CID=&ProdID=8

  Appsense has environment manager and of course you mentioned the Flex Profile
kit (now on version 5)
http://portal.loginconsultants.nl/forum/attachments/FPKv5.0.zip

  JAK

Rusty Yates < wrote:
  What is everyone using for their profile solution?  We are currently using
the Microsoft Roaming Profiles but do to size, curruptions, login times, etc...
 we have decided to make a switch.

We are looking at Tricerat, Managed Profiles, & Jumping Profiles currently.
But are open to any others.  I know alot of people are using Flex Profiles but
we are just not sold on the whole Free / No Support approach.

If you are using any of the above or have had expierence with them please let
me know what you think of the products (good or bad).

Thanks in advance!

Jim Kenzig
    Microsoft MVP - Terminal Services
  Provision Networks VIP