[THIN] Re: Hybrid Profile

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 09:46:30 -0000

That about sums it up - using the mechanism is useful in combining say a
mandatory profile, with the benefits of being able to selectively include
aspects of the profile so that settings can be modified and retained.

Basically it uses the Office profile wizard from the resource kit, so that
user configurable (via an ini file) registry hierachies, selected keys or
values, and files / folders can be included, or excluded from the ongoing
settings.

One of the other aspects about this mechanism is that it allows, say, a
chunk of the registry hive to loaded at login, that could be tricky or
long-winded to script by the more traditional methods - so if you have a lot
of registry keys / values to modify or load, it could possibly be an easier
method.

Neil

recipient(s) only and are confidential and may be privileged.
If they have come to you in error you must take no action based
on them, nor must you copy or disclose them or any part of
their contents to any person or organisation; please notify the
sender immediately and delete this e-mail and its attachments from
your computer system.

Please note that Internet communications are not necessarily secure
and may be changed, intercepted or corrupted. We advise that
you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us
and we will not accept any liability for any such changes,
interceptions or corruptions.

Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and its
attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping
with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they
are actually virus free.

Copyright in this e-mail and attachments created by us belongs
to Littlewoods.

Littlewoods takes steps to prohibit the transmission of offensive,
obscene or discriminatory material.  If this message contains
inappropriate material please forward the e-mail intact to
postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and it will be investigated.
Statements and opinions contained in this e-mail may not
necessarily represent those of Littlewoods.

Please note that e-mail communication may be monitored.

Registered office:
Littlewoods Retail Limited,
Sir John Moores Building,
100 Old Hall Street,