[THIN] Huge SQL database

  • From: Elio.DESANTIS@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 14:39:48 +0200

Hello everybody,

We have an installation with 10 TS W2K with MF XP and a datastore stored on
an SQL 7.0. 400 IBM thinclients.
The problem is that this DB is continuousely growing, it grows since the
partition owning the DB is full. In our case the size of the DB reached
4Gig (the size of the partition). There is no other problem, apart this
one...
Last week-end we decided to reinstall SQL 7.0 and recreate the datastore :
after only a few days the DB growed to 100 Mb.
I heard that most of the time the datastore should not overtake 20Mb ?

Any ideas ?

Elio