[THIN] Re: Hp Buys Neoware?

  • From: "Jim Kenzig ThinHelp.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 19:22:23 -0400

Just got this in my email....
JK

On July 23, 2007, HP and Neoware announced that they had signed a definitive
merger agreement for HP to purchase Neoware, Inc.

We are thrilled about todays announcement, and are proud that an
organization like HP sees the great opportunity that Neowares people and
products can provide in enhancing their offering in the thin client space.
With the advent of virtualization and interest in easy, environmentally
friendly solutions, these are exciting times in the thin client market.

Our top priority during this acquisition will be to continue conducting
business as usual, maintain supply and customer support continuity, and
minimize disruption for customers. Long-term integrated software and
hardware roadmaps will be communicated shortly after the close of this
acquisition, which is expected in the fourth calendar quarter, 2007.

The official announcement can be found
here<http://enews.neoware.com/app/crm/marketing/campaignlistener.nl?__lstr=__cl&__r=77024&c=590026&__h=541c59488754fd726700&_od=aHR0cHM6Ly9mb3Jtcy5uZXRzdWl0ZS5jb20*&url=http://investor.neoware.com/pages/news_releases.html?d=123419>.

We'll stay in touch as future developments take place, and we look forward
to continuing to serve your business and thin client requirements.

Sincerely,

Neoware, Inc.
Additional Information and Where to Find It

Neoware intends to file with the Securities and Exchange Commission a proxy
statement and other relevant materials in connection with the merger. The
proxy statement will be mailed to the stockholders of Neoware. Before making
any voting or investment decision with respect to the merger, investors and
stockholders of Neoware are urged to read the proxy statement and the other
relevant materials when they become available because they will contain
important information about the merger. The proxy statement and other
relevant materials (when they become available), and any other documents
filed by Neoware with the SEC, may be obtained free of charge at the SEC's
web site at
www.sec.gov<http://enews.neoware.com/app/crm/marketing/campaignlistener.nl?__lstr=__cl&__r=77024&c=590026&__h=541c59488754fd726700&_od=aHR0cHM6Ly9mb3Jtcy5uZXRzdWl0ZS5jb20*&url=http://www.sec.gov/>.
In addition, investors and stockholders of Neoware may obtain free copies of
the documents filed with the SEC from Cameron Associates, 1370 Avenue of the
Americas, New York, NY 10019, +1 212 245 8800.
Participants in the Solicitation

Neoware and HP and their respective directors and executive officers may be
deemed to be participants in the solicitation of proxies from the Neoware
stockholders in connection with the merger. Information about HP’s
directors and executive officers is set forth in the proxy statement on
Schedule 14A for HP’s 2007 Annual Meeting of Stockholders filed with the
SEC on January 23, 2007. Information about Neoware’s directors and
executive officers is set forth in the proxy statement on Schedule 14A for
Neoware’s 2006 Annual Meeting of Stockholders filed with the SEC on
October 30, 2006. Additional information regarding the interests of
participants in the solicitation of proxies in connection with the merger
will be included in the proxy statement that Neoware intends to file with
the SEC.
Forward-looking statements

This communication contains forward-looking statements that involve risks,
uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or
such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated
subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such
forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than
statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed
forward-looking statements, including the expected benefits and costs of the
transaction; management plans relating to the transaction; the expected
timing of the completion of the transaction; the ability to complete the
transaction considering the various closing conditions, including those
conditions related to regulatory approvals; any statements of the plans,
strategies and objectives of management for future operations, including the
execution of integration plans; any statements of expectation or belief; and
any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks,
uncertainties and assumptions include the possibility that expected benefits
may not materialize as expected; that the transaction may not be timely
completed, if at all; that, prior to the completion of the transaction,
Neoware's business may not perform as expected due to transaction-related
uncertainty or other factors; that the parties are unable to successfully
implement integration strategies; and other risks that are described in
HP’s and Neoware’s Securities and Exchange Commission reports, including
but not limited to the risks described in HP’s Quarterly Report on Form
10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended April 30, 2007 and Neoware’s Quarterly
Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended March 31, 2007. HP assumes
no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking
statements.

On 7/23/07, Steve Snyder <kwajalein@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yep.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/070723/20070723005698.html?.v=1