[THIN] Re: How to use Windows Server 2003 printer drivers on Windows 2000 Server

  • From: "Steve Parr" <sparr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 12:57:41 +0000 GMT

Thanks for all your effort in putting this together Rick - I will test out this
procedure next week in test lab.
Editing the ntprint.inf I recall was problematic on Win2k - suggestion that
there was a digital seal that once edited could be broken and thus not working
anymore(atleast I think it was ntprint.inf) so you would end up with situation
were new drivers previously not added would either not auto-create anymore or
just could not work at all even if manually added at server. I assume that if
any of this is true that it is not the case for Win2k 3 ntprint.inf?? I believe
the solution with win2k if that happened was to just copy the ntprint.inf from
the win2k CD Rom.