[THIN] Re: How to post a question

  • From: Minero Hector B DLVA <MineroHB@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 15:57:59 -0400

What is this citrixse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?

__________________________________
Hector Minero
NSWCDD Code K55
Ph:(540)653-8859
Fax:(540)653-8575

-----Original Message-----
From: Admin, Citrix [mailto:Citrix.Admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 3:54 PM
To: 'citrixse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Cc: 'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: [THIN] Re: How to post a question

First and foremost, please realize that I am not trying to be a smartass.
I'm sure in the time it takes for me to type this out, 2 or 3 people will
have flamed you, but that's not helpful. :)

Posting a question to the list goes beyond knowing the email address to send
to.

1. Tell us your operating environment.  Answers that we (the list) give will
be different if you are using MetaframeXP on NT4TSE with SP1 than if you're
using XP on W2k SP2/FR2.  The more you give us up front, the more likely we
will be to give pertinent info on the first response.

2. Give an overview of your goal, and the issue you're having that's keeping
you from reaching that goal.  If you tell us where you're going, we might
know a better way to get there than the one you're working toward.

3. Include all troubleshooting you've done so far, and let us know if you've
searched thethin.net archives and Citrix/ms websites.  Let us know if
anything you found there came close to helping, or not.

4.  Give us what you think the next step would be.  Even if you're not quite
right, we'll tell you if you're headed in the right direction, or headed for
disaster.

Finally, take all that and send it in an email to CitrixSE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(or thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, whichever is more geared toward your issue), and
we'll do our best!