[THIN] Re: How shadowing works

  • From: brandon.mitchell@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 10:55:43 -0400

I've actually experienced this too...  I cannot find any documentation but
I believe that when a user is shadowed either caching or compression is
disabled and performance is improved.  Try and test with disabling either
or both and see if that helps.

B.

             "Jason Patten"
             <jasoncitrix@gmai
             l.com>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             thin-bounce@freel                                          cc
             ists.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [THIN] Re: How shadowing works
             08/09/2007 08:27
             AM

             Please respond to
             thin@xxxxxxxxxxxx

What we are noticing, is that for some clients, they have issues with
apparent latency in their connections, it improves when they are shadowed.

On 8/8/07, deheugden <deheugden@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  well, i cant give you a tech answer to that,but i always notice a slight
  delay in the shadowing.

  2007/8/8, Jason Patten <jasoncitrix@xxxxxxxxx>:
   Alright< I am looking but haven't found an answer to this yet.

   When you are shadowing someone, are you getting the session information
   sent to your session at the same time its going to the users session? or
   are you "piggybacking" on their session?  THe reason I ask this is we
   have a report of users that are experiencing slowness and as soon as we
   shadow them, the session stats responding faster.

   Is there a description of how the shadowing works from a more network /
   hardware level?