[THIN] Re: How ready\stable is MPS 4?

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 12:08:17 -0500

My farm is a clean install of 2003 SP1 with MPS4.0, no upgrades or
anything like that.  The farm itself is extremely stable.  I have 2
zones with 2 servers per zone and a single WI server (I also use CSG).
My only issues have been all printing related, but some were fixed by
hotfixes (Print Manager crashing) and others appear to be related to an
app I use that relies on a kernel mode driver.  I use all native
drivers, not the UPD, and I don't do any imported network printing, so
it's pretty striaght forward on the printing end.  I'm most likely going
to deploy ScrewDrivers if my testing proves to solve some application
specific printing issues.