[THIN] Re: How ready\stable is MPS 4?

  • From: Steve Parr <sparr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 15:44:33 -0500

Don't know Evan as have not used or even tested MPS4 yet. Am hoping someone
will enlighten us!
I don't think it's UPD as that is still using spooler service. My
understanding was new way of printing completely bypasses traditional way of
TS or Citrix printing so that nothing is "spooled" on Citrix - the app doing
the printing along with Windows OS creates the raw EMF file which gets
directly sent down to ICA client were it then gets spooled for first and
only time. Maybe I was dreaming. :-) It was too good to be true after all..