[THIN] Re: How To Get Terminal Service Licence

  • From: "Berny Stapleton" <berny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 15:29:35 +0000

OK, do you have an EA? (Enterprise Agreement) If you do, just go onto
your licensing server, enter your EA details and tell it you want X
licenses. It will go off (If you need a proxy server, ensure that you
enter your proxy settings in IE before starting) and get the licenses
from the MS Licensing clearing house.

If you don't, then what you need to do is to get another TS licensing
server setup. This is an option in Add/Remove programs. Once you have
the server setup, go into Terminal server licensing and select per
user mode.  There is a good write up on the Brian Madden site about
licensing:
http://www.brianmadden.com/content/article/The-Ultimate-Guide-to-Windows-2003-Terminal-Server-Licensing

Setup for per user can be found here: http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=4850

Set this up and change the reg keys on the terminal servers.
Information on how to do that is here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/279561

This should give you a few places to start.

Berny