[THIN] Re: How NT4 sam is modified by terminal services ?

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <neil.braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 12:14:06 +0100

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Mack, Rick [mailto:RMack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: 23 October 2002 11:22
> To: 'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
> Subject: [THIN] Re: How NT4 sam is modified by terminal services ?
>
> Hi,
>
> On NT 4.0 TSE the SAM is modified,

I realise you are generalising, for the context of the question.

But it doesn't totally modify the "schema" of the SAM - otherwise the whole
NT4 domain thing would struggle.

Merely exploits or "templates" unused, provided for future developments,
sections of the SAM.

> but on win2k the TS
> properties are inherent in the bsae product.

That's a little kind.

They are not fully implemented, or inherent in all interfaces. For example -
ADSI does not *still* (as we are talking about W2K) understand this blob -
it merely recognises that there is an area, but can do nothing with it.

You have to use API stuff, rather than the standard interfaces, currently
(for w2K) to develop and leverage the TS specific stuff for users.

Neil

recipient(s) only and are confidential and may be privileged.
If they have come to you in error you must take no action based
on them, nor must you copy or disclose them or any part of
their contents to any person or organisation; please notify the
sender immediately and delete this e-mail and its attachments from
your computer system.

Please note that Internet communications are not necessarily secure
and may be changed, intercepted or corrupted. We advise that
you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us
and we will not accept any liability for any such changes,
interceptions or corruptions.

Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and its
attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping
with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they
are actually virus free.

Copyright in this e-mail and attachments created by us belongs
to Littlewoods.

Littlewoods takes steps to prohibit the transmission of offensive,
obscene or discriminatory material.  If this message contains
inappropriate material please forward the e-mail intact to
postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and it will be investigated.
Statements and opinions contained in this e-mail may not
necessarily represent those of Littlewoods.

Please note that e-mail communication may be monitored.

Registered office:
Littlewoods Retail Limited,
Sir John Moores Building,
100 Old Hall Street,