[THIN] Re: How NT4 sam is modified by terminal services ?

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <neil.braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 15:36:53 +0100

That's not my perception.

The area of the SAM concerned, is (as I understand it) an already included
chunk, but unused and undefined.

Use of UMFD that include the terminal server extensions (or in a past life,
the Citrix stuff) merely wrote stuff into this area, that everything else
would ignore - as it's there for (then) future expansion.

> Second
> How can I verify these extra settings if the only server
> running terminal services is a windows 2000 on the NT4 domain
> ? Can I use the old usrmgr shipped with NT4TSE ? Or is it
> possible to use an w2k MMC snap-in to browse NT4 users ?

On NT4 machines, do you mean? (if so, depending on what level they're at,
you may need to install the mmc).

Your W2K server will have UMFD on it, anyways.

Neil

recipient(s) only and are confidential and may be privileged.
If they have come to you in error you must take no action based
on them, nor must you copy or disclose them or any part of
their contents to any person or organisation; please notify the
sender immediately and delete this e-mail and its attachments from
your computer system.

Please note that Internet communications are not necessarily secure
and may be changed, intercepted or corrupted. We advise that
you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us
and we will not accept any liability for any such changes,
interceptions or corruptions.

Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and its
attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping
with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they
are actually virus free.

Copyright in this e-mail and attachments created by us belongs
to Littlewoods.

Littlewoods takes steps to prohibit the transmission of offensive,
obscene or discriminatory material.  If this message contains
inappropriate material please forward the e-mail intact to
postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and it will be investigated.
Statements and opinions contained in this e-mail may not
necessarily represent those of Littlewoods.

Please note that e-mail communication may be monitored.

Registered office:
Littlewoods Retail Limited,
Sir John Moores Building,
100 Old Hall Street,