[THIN] Re: High processor usage at logon

  • From: "Ron Oglesby" <roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 08:05:49 -0500

Processor usage while users are on will very greatly depending on the
apps they are running. If you are running a simple term em app or
notepad, then very little processor is sued. If you are using a CAD
program that constantly does huge amounts of calculations you will eat a
bunch of proc.

As for logons this sounds pretty normal. As long as it's a SPIKE. A
spike of a few seconds is totally ok, I mean think about what is going
on and even look at a normal workstation at logon, session starts, in TS
printers and drives are connected, logon scripts are running, if you
have a roaming profile that has to get copied and loaded, etc etc.

Don't sweat it.

Ron Oglesby
Senior Technical Architect
Microsoft MVP, Windows Server