[THIN] Hide Tools/Synchronize option?

  • From: Ben Pelzer <Ben.Pelzer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 11:00:08 +0100

Hi Ang,

I use this registry key for this:

-----
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Infodelivery\Restrictions]
"NoManualUpdates"=dword:00000001
-----

This does not remove or hide the menu, but users get a message that the
menu has been disabled by the admin if they click on it
You could use Group Policy Preferences to roll out this key to users (if
your not using any 3rd party tools to do this)

Cheers,

Ben