[THIN] Re: Helpdesk support software - any ideas?

  • From: "k9momof3" <k9momof3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 16:35:35 -0500

Hi!  I thought I would put my .02 cents in on this one.  I previously come
from an environment of just about 120 users and I can tell you that any type
of helpdesk tracking software is invaluable!  Not only did it help keep
track of calls, but it allowed us to look over what previous techs had done
to resolve similar situations, saving us a lot of time.  Also, we would have
users call one of us and if we didn't correct the problem in 5 minutes,
they'd call one of the other techs to fix the same problem, resulting in
wasted time.  Once we had the calls logged, they couldn't get away with
that.  Also, it made sure that we were all giving the users the same answers
on the same problems to help keep user confusion to a [relative] minumum.
LOL  We developed our own little Access database to track everything.
HTH!!!